Intercession: prayer on behalf of needs other than my own

Intercession: prayer on behalf of needs other than my own
Intercession: prayer on behalf of needs other than my own... Intercession accelerates God's purposes in the earth.

Monday, July 25, 2011

The Dust on My Feet


"Albertine"

I am sitting still
I think of Angelique
her mothers voice over me
And the bullets in the wall where it fell silent
And on a thousandth hill, I think of Albertine
there in her eyes what I don't see with my own
rwanda

now that I have seen, I am responsible
Faith without deeds is dead
now that I have held you in my own arms, I cannot let go till you are

I am on a plane across a distant sea
But I carry you in me
and the dust on, the dust on, the dust on my feet
Rwanda

I will tell the world, I will tell them where I've been
I will keep my word
I will tell them Albertine

I am on a stage, a thousand eyes on me
I will tell them, Albertine
I will tell them, Albertine



It is 1:15 AM, and I am done packing. We meet at the airport at 4:30 PM... and I am super full of joy. This is my last update before we head out, so I wanted to share this picture and this song that I like a lot... the words "i carry you with me in the dust on my feet" speak to me a lot. So, the Lord gave me this sweet idea to take my white keds to kenya with me and work in them and walk miles in them, to get them covered in the dust and mud and rain of Africa and then to bring em back as a reminder of what I experienced there... He is a pretty cool God, huh? ;) Anyway... how can you be praying for me and the team? Please pray against sickness, pray for patience and for us to take our tensions with each other to the Lord, pray that we can laugh at ourselves and laugh at life (aka not freak out when things aren't how we wanted them to be), pray for a Philippians 2 attitude- one of service, one of humility, pray for us that we would be slow to anger and slow to speak... and that our hearts would be so incredibly full of worship to the King. that we'd be in awe of the gospel. pray for good rest as we stay the night in Washington D.C. Tuesday night...

Thank you :) The next time I'll write it'll be from Kenya! Woohooooo! :D

1 comment:

  1. Hey sis!! I hope you are having a great time in Kenya!! I love you and be safe! See you in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete