Intercession: prayer on behalf of needs other than my own

Intercession: prayer on behalf of needs other than my own
Intercession: prayer on behalf of needs other than my own... Intercession accelerates God's purposes in the earth.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

JAMBO FROM KENYA! :)

Jambo rafikis :) I'm here in Kakamega, the team made it safe and sound. Our hotel is awesome and the past 2 days have been absolutely glorious.. The first night we slept about 12 hours and our first full day was yesterday! We went to the orphanage and hung out with the kids all day- I learned a lot of Swahili but have no idea how to spell any of it :) The kids think it's hysterical when I speak to them in swahili, my favorite word is jahkula which means food haha.. I made a bunch of friends- Medrine, Joy, Maureen, Savilla, Esther, Dorcas, Selah, Sharon, Lucy... Steph led worship and we sang and danced with them. We fed them and then played with beach balls in the yard.. They LOVE piggyback rides and taking pictures and videos. We did that for hours... We taught them 'the bernie' dance as well, don't worry, I have videos! Every night we have dinner at someone's house and we eat SO much food so don't worry about us :) it is awesome.

Today we did village evangelism, which means that we walked from hut to hut through the fields and went in each hut and prayed for the people and blessed them with some flour. It was NUTS :) A few people and a couple babies had chest problems and a man was addicted to alcohol and was tormented in the night and a woman had a lot of pain in her legs and stomach.. so much pain and suffering.. but the Lord worked miracles in every situation. It was wild. Each and every one of them was touched and delivered by the Lord. Steph played guitar and we worshipped in the huts, there was so much joy! My mind is being blown that is for sure, but continually the Lord is reminding me of the gospel.. it is such good news and I am so happy to be serving Jesus alongside this team... There is so much more to say, but I can't say it all! The street children are my favorite- I love spending time with them. Continue to pray that we can just love the one in front of us. Each one. Every place we go. I know the Lord will keep blessing us with strength as we look to Him. Oh yeah I totally forgot! Today we went to the school that Waweza Movement built, and it was so awesome.. we shared the gospel with the kids and fed them and gave them sweets and beach balls. I met all the street children and went and sat with them while they ate and we had so much fun, mainly because I would say a couple Swahili words and they'd die laughing at me :) We took pictures and kicked around a beach ball for a while, and I felt like I made a legit connection with 2 of the street children.. it is hard here, since I don't know the language I hardle ever feel like I can make deep connections with the people because we just don't understand eachother.. but I dunno.. the Lord is bigger than cultural gaps and language gaps. He is faithful and he is working wonders all around us. The gospel is being told and lived out in every interaction, just pray that that continues and muliplies!

P.S. Our pastor Julius is incredible. We love him, he takes such good care of us. :)
Shout out to Skylar! I love you and I will see you soon. Wish you could see what i'm seeing.

-Kristen

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got there safe and that your having a great time!!! I've been watching for you to post. Can't wait to see your pictures and videos! Love you sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and miss you! This shoutout was such a suprise! I pray that your having such a great time experiencing new things and enjoying the cutures and that your safe. <3

    ReplyDelete